Our Geography Trip is fast approaching, there are a few housekeeping items that we need to go over with you!
The trip is the 1st step of your FINAL assignment for this course, it is worth 15% of your final mark. It is very important that you attend the trip.
The trip has 2 parts
- Eco-lution Tour : these are 10 examples of Green Building Technologies in practice right now in the urban landscape of Toronto. This is 1st hand research for your Green Vanier Project.
- Kensington Market: A very “organic” Toronto experience, it is a neighbourhood that has offered much refuge for immigrants over the years to its transition into a very livable area in Toronto. Take note of “livable” and “green spaces.” Good ideas to think of when you build your livable and green Vanier
- We need to leave school by 8:30 and will meet in the FOYER, verify with your teacher if you are meeting at Don Mills
- We will be taking public Transit, don’t forget your tickets!
- All Academic and Applied classes will be attending and placed in a GROUP with your teacher
- You will need something to write with and possibly a clip board or book to press on, refillable water bottle and dress for walking and weather.
- You are welcome to bring a lunch or money to purchase lunch in Kensington
- Use your phone to add yourself to the texting list in case we are separated or get lost. Instructions are below—>
- Open a new Text message
- The number you are texting is 289-278-3127
- The message is @geotrip17 (include the @ sign)
- Press SEND
- You will get a welcome message back asking you for your FULL NAME (school name please, first and last)
- Text your name back and the program will send you a text message again
- SAVE THAT NUMBER /TEXT that number
- you can now use that number to contact me for the trip
- Below are your Boundaries for lunch!