- Students can identify types of immigrants, push and pull factors
- Students can analyse the push and pull factors for Kensington Market (application)
- Actively apply the “points” immigration system
- PPT: lesson-29-immigration-and-logistics
- Note taker worksheet: lesson-29-immigration-worksheet
- Kensington Market Case study with handout (hard copy only)
- Video 1: What is Kensington market?
- Video 2: Kensington Market: 150 year history + Questions (below)
- Resources on visiting Kensington– – http://www.kensington-market.ca/default.asp?id=getting-to-kensington&l=1
- Online immigration points calculator (HW)–Use this site instead: -https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html
Video 1: What is Kensington?
Video 2: Kensington 150 year anniversary
As you watch the above videos, consider/notate the following:
- What are the pull and push factors for new immigrants to Kensington Market?
- What immigrant groups found their way into this area over the years?