- To identify the variety of problems in “The Great Controversy”
- To evaluate solutions to solve “the controversy”
- To present these arguments through a structure debate/ government meeting
- You will be given a real life scenario that deals with all of the natural resources and industries that you have been learning about for the past two weeks.
- You will be split into groups and given two work periods to research information to help form an opinion and solution to the variety of problems surrounding the life scenario.
- Your group will then take part in a town meeting where arguments will be presented from all sides until a solution for all parties has been reached.
- Please be sure to research facts to help defend your side of the argument
- As well, be sure to discuss what the opposing sides will be using for arguments at the town meeting and how you are going to dispose of these in a proper manner
- Look carefully at the rubric to see how you are going to be evaluated
- Take a look at the SUCCESS CRITERIA document below! It tells you how to know you will be GREAT!
The Great Controversy – Scenarios
- Copy of Instructions (Maharaj): resources and industries politcal debate_applied_2017 1D
- Success Criteria Brainstorm: how-do-you-know-your-debate-will-be-successful
- Town Hall Meeting Structure/Instructions: Town Hall debate structure handout
- Day 1 + 2 (Work periods in class, BYOD- Bring your own Device)
- Day 2: Brainstorm Success Criteria with class + Work period
- Day 3: Debate Day!
- Make sure you familiarize yourself with what the STRUCTURE will be on the day of the Town Hall (see above)
- Don’t forget your Rubrics!