- Students can identify the impact of their ecological footprint
- Students can relate propose solutions to reduce their ecological footprint
- Hook: Pie Chart Activity
- Create our own definitions: Sustainability and Ecological Footprint
- Calculate your Ecological Footprint handout: CGC 1D Eco Footprint Worksheet
- Ecological Footprint video + de-brief
Sustainability: avoidance of the depletion of natural resources in order to maintain an ecological balance.
Ecological Footprint: the impact of a person or community on the environment, expressed as the amount of land required to sustain their use of natural resources.
Video: What is our Ecological Footprint?
The Green Ninja Video: Ecological Footprint Reducer
Think of these questions as we watch the video:
What are the problems shown in the video?
How does the green ninja fix them/ make them better?
When the ninja fixes the problems, what happens to the man’s eco footprint?
Calculate your own footprint using this handout: Ecological Footprint Calculator
Re-Calculate your own Ecological Footprint using this link and bring your findings to class tomorrow!
Is it different than our findings in class?