1. Students should be able to decipher between North, South, East and West
2. Students should be able to list all of Canada’s provinces, capital cities and major bodies of water including labeling of Canadian Resource distribution
3. Students should be able to use their mapping skills to complete a map of Canada including the major elements of mapping
- Demonstration of Direction and compass use (Map of Ontario-below)
- Atlas Activity to follow (see instructions below)
- Instructions: Using the map of Canada, specified by your teacher complete the following
- What is the direction of Toronto FROM Hamilton?
- What is the direction of Toronto FROM Halifax?
- What is the direction of Winnipeg FROM Vancouver?
- What is the direction of Thunder Bay FROM Regina?
- Describe the location of the following places in relation to the LANDMARKS and DIRECTIONAL information.
- Hudson’s Bay
- Lake Ontario
- Complete the Show of Hands Assessment and hand in
- Canada Mapping Activity (Evaluation)
- Make sure you look at the Evaluation Rubric- know how you are being marked!